Who doesn't love a good brownie? Don't let health stand in the way of love. This Valentines day, share the love with a delicious, moist and beetroot packed brownie. Don't worry, is not all veg - there's chocolate too. Whip it up just in time for smoko, afternoon tea or dessert tonight. Pair with fresh berries and yoghurt. Notice below I have reduced the added sugar and instead used sultanas. Feel free to make this brownie even healthier by adding extra fruit or more sultanas instead of the sugar.
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 200g, chocolate (70%)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or sunflower seed oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 75g sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 200g almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- Walnuts to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180degrees.
- Using your food processor, whiz the beets.
- Place the chocolate and olive oil in a pot and melt on a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs, sultanas, vanilla and sugar to the beets, and whizz until thoroughly combined.
- Add chocolate mixture, almond meal and cocoa.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper, pour in mixture.
- Garnish with walnuts.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until firm and cooked on top.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes, or serve warm with Greek yoghurt and/or fresh berries.
Once cooled slightly, use a large knife and a steady hand to cut the tray into 16 square pieces or use a heart-shaped cooky cutter for extra love.
Be Well Fed xx